How to Highlight Cheekbones Like a Pro!

People always ask me how I get a "dewy" skin look even though I make-up on...(foundation, concealer, powder...all that jazz)...and how I highlight my cheekbones!
So here's my Pro tips for highlighting those cheekies and a bonus nose slenderizing and straightening trick!

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
cream highlighter (I've tried so many, and these are  the ones I've tested on tv and film shoots, in magazines and in HD, and on location for live appearances on tv and weddings...and these are the ones that look amazing..not all crazy sparkly and glittery!)
~I love SHELL (cream color) from MAC (Shell is great for medium to dark skin tones) a soft beige pink
~Pearl (cream color) from MAC is good too (great for more fair skin) a light gold with icy shimmer
~SIN from Urban Decay is gorgeous too! A beautiful Champagne color.

And remember my "make-it-last" rule-  
WHENEVER YOU USE A CREAM, YOU NEED TO LOCK IT IN PLACE WITH A POWDER ON TOP
 My Favorite powder highlight colors are:
MAC Iridescent Loose Powder in SILVER DUSK- a pinky beige with silver shimmer-
*great for pale to medium skin tones

MAC Iridescent Loose Powder in Golden Bronze - a golden brown with bronze shimmer
*great for medium to dark skin tones

And this is the best make-up brush for applying a highlighter...
A Duo Fiber (it will probably be made of Taklon) Make-Up Brush~ it will give you the lightest application, which is essential for highlighting

WHAT TO DO: (besides watch the video below!ha ha ha)
STEP 1~ First apply your foundation like normal. Do any contouring...and blush....LAST THING
YOU PUT ON...think of it as the sprinkles on top of the icing!
PAT your cream highlighter onto the top of the cheekbones and down the center of the nose (as I show in the picture above in the hot pink areas)
STEP 2~
Apply the loose highlight powder on top of the cream with a Duo Fiber Brush
It's FAST, EASY and adds so much glowy, dewy, cheekbone goodness!

Do the steps in the video on the bridge and plane of your nose, to make your nose look straighter and more symmetrical too!

Now watch me demonstrate how to do it!


highlights and sparkles....kandee

No comments:

Post a Comment