Small Towns breed people with BIG Creativity


I was born in LA...and moved to a small town near Lake Tahoe when I was some age right before 12-ish.
And the first chance I had to leave...I took it...left for Asia when I was 16...after that I lived in all kinds of states...and finally back in LA....
I miss LA...I've lived all over LA...from Hollywood to Orange County to Santa Monica...and I've loved everywhere.
I am currently living back in the "mountainy" area near Lake Tahoe and Reno...
and even though I may be desperately missing LA...my creativity isn't limited to where I am!
I will have a creative haven no matter where I live...I will make my house a creative sanctuary ...ha ha ha...It will be like an art gallery/creative studio...ready to rival any studio in any big city! ha ha ha

If you are living somewhere that is a small town...that you feel isn't creative enough.... 
you are the creativity..not the city you live in!
Here's some super cool and creative people that have come out of the same area I live...
just to show you....amazingly creative people that have come from small towns...they all are taking up residence in LA now...
- he will be world famous for his photography soon,
his images amaze anyone no matter where he is, no matter what he is shooting...
he does things with photography that no one has thought of...
- fun, sweet, and knows the best places to eat, it's hard to decide which is more captivating...his personality or his photography...as well as being a creative force to be reckoned with...and he takes a darn good picture.
another friend that shows you, creativity is not where you came from "the creativity comes from your heart"...Adam smiles makes you smile...(he was, ME and Tessa's sidekick when I got my SUPREME necklace, and he's the one that gave me the Ashbury sunglasses...
...he had just shot for their catalog. Please check out this blogpost about this wedding he shot...so cool!
my pretty friend...who is a skillful wardrobe stylist, has been in the make-up artist world, has modeled and is now a super cool, girl DJ! We've worked together on shoots- I dazzled hair and make-up...and she dazzled the wardrobe..the funny thing is we met in LA, even though we were both from the same "land of the boonies"! ha ha ha

can do some awesome hair...she is adorable and even though we are both living  far too north of LA for our liking...she looks more stylish than most girls in LA on any day! (photo of Bethanie by our fab friend from above, Justin Sullivan..whom I met through Tessa! ha ha)
Me and Bethanie have worked on fashion shows together...and man she does some of the best glam hair ever!
SOME AMAZING MAKE-UP ARTISTs and TALENTED PEOPLE FROM SMALL TOWNS TOO:
Kevyn Aucoin - Louisiana
Billy B-  Mississippi
Christian Siriano (project runway fame)- Maryland
Many more...but I'd have a super long blog! ha ha ha

Some of my most creative friends don't live anywhere near a metropolis of any kind! My friend who made my watches...lived in the middle of the forest for while...and left LA to go to Portland...
he has too many skills and talents to list....he is a furniture designer and craftsman now, BUT he made all my cuff watches that I have...he doesn't make them anymore, but I think if he did he'd have a blooming business!
I hope this inspires you...
no matter where you live...
where you feel "stuck"...
it takes more creativity and bravery to be creative in a small town...
stand out of the crowd...be different...
some people from "little" towns...have the biggest creativity...
especially when your only inspiration was your own thoughts...
it's easy to be creative in a creative place...but the true test is when the only inspiration is you!
Shine that creativity from where ever you are...
your house in a little town in Texas can be cooler than any New York City loft...I've seen some of the coolest dressed, most individual-styled people in places other than NY and LA!
If you in a big city...hooray...I love NY and LA! And if you're not...
it doesn't matter...the internet can be your window to the world...
keep rockin that style no matter where you are...
and your creativity doesn't care what it looks like outside your window...it just cares that you're creating!
HUGE LOVE AND THE BIGGEST DOSES OF CREATIVITY....
love the girl who lived on a ranch and had to go out and feed our cows and Llamas, but would listen to old jazz records and paint for hours when I came home from school.....kandee

No comments:

Post a Comment