a happy escape

I have stared at either, my computer, some room in my house...or in my closet...and felt a we bit overwhelmed this week....
and I'm sure I'm not alone in this "oh-I-don't-even-know-where-to-begin-staring-at-things-look"...
and somehow in my little swirly-ness of "oh-goodness-ness"...I have realized how important it is to have your "therapy escapes"....
My therapy escapes this week have been:

making videos...I enjoy making videos for you guys so much...it feels like I am getting to spend time with a friend as I talk to you all through the camera...

I have even done some "computer-window-shopping"...yes surf-shopping the interweb...
places I escaped to:
www.ikea.com (i dreamed of furniture I'd love to buy, and someday decorating my dream house...
I am trying to go through everything in my house...
so, perhaps I can have an "online garage sale of all my stuff that has to go"...since I won't be able to have a real garage sale....it'll be a "garage-ebay sale"..ha ha ha

I think it is important that we have a "happiness escape" everyday....whether it's a few minutes of looking at some fun things on the computer...
walking through our favorite store and just looking at all the lovely things, and taking deep breathes of yummy fragrances...
flipping through your favorite magazine...
and maybe even busting out the big guns...GOING TO SEE A MOVIE...
escaping with a friend or loved one to entertain your tastebuds and your heart with a tasty meal and companionship
...whatever it is that lights your "happiness-candles"...do it....
if you like to sing, dance to music on the radio, plunk out a melody on your favorite instrument...whatever it is...make sure you make time to do that "happy-starting" thing everyday...

when I was younger, I loved getting ready...I loved picking out my outfit, standing in front of my dresser, with my drawer of make-up, and carefully applying my "face decorations".....I'd sit and imagine my life in the future....I had a fake looking wedding ring, and I would imagine myself being interviewed for something successful I was doing, and talking about my wonderful husband...and I would think that all the guys who had hurt me...would be watching my "interview"...and regret every mean thing they had done..ha ha ha ha (my teenage mind at work)...I would imagine myself as an artsy, vintage-clothe-wearing, girl who had moved to NY to pursue her dreams...I loved to escape into my "dream-futures"....

If you are having a less-than-terrific day....escape into your "happy-making-zone"...and watch your day feel like it got a vacation and a recharge!

I have to go to a bunch of things now, that are less than-desirable...ha ha ha....but, this, this typing has been a little sunny spot of my day...I hope it shines some sunny-ness on each one of you!

huge happiness and love to each one of your hearts....kandee

No comments:

Post a Comment