why I love balloons.....


a little helium can lift not just a balloon....but from the wondering eyes of little kids...to older couples holding hands.....as I walked down the street in New York carrying all these balloons...you see the smiles growing on people's faces....smiled were lifted...
when that happens, hope gets lifted....and hopefully your dreams will get lifted as well...

I read this quote today and loved it...

There is no challenge too great for those who have the will and heart to make it happen...

A bunch of times, something that I was going after seemed "too hard", mildly "impossible, or just frustrating because I couldn't see how it would ever happen...
and make you want to give up....but I never did!

When I moved to Hollywood to pursue make-up...things would be very frustrating, I had to work as a waitress, I worked in a Salon for a day (I hated it!), I would work as an extra on tv shows and movies (you make hardly any money and sit around waiting all day, and you usually get stuck talking to some weirdo for like 8 hours!). I would get stuck in traffic coming home from a make-up job, and I would have to pay extra fees to my sons' preschool, and the fees would be more than I made at my job.
Or a babysitter would cancel on me when I had to work my shift at the restaurant, and the list of frustrations would go on and on.....
I never gave up....and soon things started getting better, and it made me stronger and work harder for what I wanted to do! It made me value every effort I had to put into it, and appreciate every opportunity even more!

No matter how awful you feel....
what awful, discouraging things people tell you
how much hope you feel you've lost...
how much money you feel that you don't have....
or how hard or scary you think it might be...

when you power through all of that "yucky" stuff...and you knock down every wall that gets put in front of you...you will know that in your heart....you have that fight in you, that won't let anything (not even your own self-doubt) stop you!

Let your heart pick you up when your mind feels frustrated and wants to give in...

And sometimes at the end of the day remind yourself:
Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow...
and you can rest your tired mind, have some sweet dreams (maybe even about the future that you want)...and wake up with a fresh new day, that is just waiting to be lived by you!

huge love, and may it feel like helium is lifting your heart and your spirits, higher than a runaway balloon, kandee





No comments:

Post a Comment